Sunday, July 29, 2012

JACKET REQUIRED: Bock In Style

For a change I've done a post based on the DJ artist rather than a theme or motif in the deisgn. In my brief research I learned that Vera Bock not only was a DJ artist for the "Crime Club" imprint from Doubleday, she was a noted children's book illustrator and WPA poster designer. More about her work and life can be found here.

In addition to the Crime Club DJs I knew of I went hunting the interweb for as many other examples as I could find. I thought she was primarily a surreal artist, but it turns out she had many moods as you can see for yourself.





3 comments:

  1. Lovely jackets. And I loved THE GO-BETWEEN by L.P. Hartley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jackets. The Complete Murder Sampler is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, John. I pinned a couple to my A Vintage Mystery board. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is not a message board. It is a blog where we can discuss vintage mystery and supernatural fiction. Please confine your comments to the post or vintage books and their authors. Any other remarks will be deleted. If you want to address me personally about anything other than the post, send me an email. The email link is found on my Profile page.