Sunday, May 20, 2012

LEFT INSIDE: More Unique Bookplates

Two custom bookplates I found in two books I was preparing to sell.


Found inside a copy of Vanishing Point by Patricia Wentworth. The text reads: "Black is the raven/Black is the rook/But Blacker the child/Who steals this book."  Now there's a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with.  I think I'd substitute child for person to make it an all-encompassing warning for book thieves.



Found inside a copy of My Own Murderer (Julian Messner, 1940) by Richard Hull.  A genie bookplate!  I don't see many of those.

1 comment:

  1. I thought bookplates ruined the value of a book unless it is that of a famous person. At any rate, I never use 'em. But I do like reading other people's.

    I'm thinking more and more that I'm going to have to get a scanner one of these days.

    ReplyDelete