For those of you who read Spanish I highly recommend checking out their translated mystery novels. Among them are two classics with Inspector Hanaud by A.E.W. Mason, The Hymn Tune Mystery (La partituta misterioso) also by Birmingham, Fast Company (Libros peligrosos) by Marco Page, The Colfax Book-plate (El Exlibris de Colfax) by Agnes Miller --a very scarce book in its original English version, BTW-- and all three detective novels by George Limnelius, all of which are also extremely scarce in the original English editions. You can find all eleven detective novels and thrillers released by this publisher at their website: Editorial Renacimiento.
The link above will take you to what I thought was all the mysteries in translation but I couldn't make the search button pull those up on one page because some of the mystery novels are not tagged as "policiaca" but rather "narrativa". You'll have to enter those author names individually in the search bar to pull up the other books. The remaining authors are: R.T.M. Scott, A.E.W. Mason, Agnes Miller, Miles Burton, and Marco Page. Birmingham's other book is tagged as "narrativa" also.
I received two copies of the book and I'm willing to send out one of those copies to anyone who asks for it. No contest this time. UPDATE: The copy was claimed very quickly! Mailing it today (Aug. 28). Please do not email or ask for it in the comments.

No comments:
Post a Comment